Bringing Literature to Life
January sees the annual Elementary School “Bringing Literature to Life” at ISP.
This year we are lucky to have nearly 2 weeks (7th January to 18th January) learning about how stories can be re-imagined in our learning spaces across the school. Each grade will be focusing on different elements of Literature such as Greek Mythology, Author Studies, and Fairytales.
However the learning will not stop there! Students will also have a variety of other exciting opportunities to see how powerful, a good book can be. Throughout “Bringing Literature to Life” students will:
- Take part in a workshop with a visiting author, Charlie Parris
- Dress as their favorite book character for the Character Book Day Parade, on Wednesday January 16th
- Create a Travelling Tale focused around the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals
- Work with other students across the elementary school to design and build models to find solutions to problems in books
- Listen to mystery readers read their favorite books (you may want to volunteer for this!)
- And much much more!!