For many years, ISP’s Elementary School has made it a tradition to collect school supplies for our sister schools, Gabriel Lewis Galindo, (Las Trancas) and La Mesa, El Valle. Gabriel Lewis Galindo School is a public elementary school located very close to ISP. Over 400 local children attend grades pre-kinder through 6th grade in morning or afternoon shifts. La Mesa in El Valle has 40 students in pre-kinder through 6th grade who attend school in the mornings.
Our collections will be focused during Spirit Week as we seek to share our ISP spirit with the wider community.
Members of the ES Student Representative Council will visit Las Trancas and all of 4th grade will visit La Mesa and deliver these donations at the beginning of the Panamanian school year in March.
We are asking students to write small notes or draw pictures of encouragement, motivation, and/or good luck for the new school year to be delivered with the supplies.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact a member of the SRC.
Sister School Supply Drive by Friday 1st March
Below you will find the item we would like your child to bring.
- Pre-Kinder: 2 boxes of crayons or 2 packs of assorted color play dough
- Kinder: 2 boxes of colored pencils
- 1st grade: 2 pairs of scissors and 2 glue sticks
- 2nd grade: 2 drawing pads and 2 rulers
- 3rd grade: 5 lined small notebooks (200 pages each)
- 4th grade: 1 box of washable paint and a set of paint brushes
- 5th grade: 1 package of white bond paper and/or lined bond paper
Thank you for any donations.