Participation in Leagues
During the school year, we receive invitations to participate in leagues such as ADECOP, COPA TALENTO, KIWANIS, LIDECOPA, LIGA 10 and LFFJ etc. The Athletics Department will check the requirements of each league and determine if the participation in them is line with ISP's philosophy and season.
AASCA is our biggest priority for international competitions. The Association of American Schools in Central America offers different sports that go along with our School's competitive philosophy.
The Association of American Schools of Central America (AASCA) is a group of 26 international schools spanning six countries (Guatemala, El Salvador, Nicaragua, Honduras, El Salvador, and Panama) which organizes several tournaments in athletics, the arts, and in academics. For sporting competitions, ISP is now a member of the large schools conference, and we aim to compete in all AASCA sporting competitions each year. Additionally, ISP participates in AASCA competitions in the areas of academics, STEM, drama, and music.
These sports are in season for the first (fall) semester of the 2018-2019 school year:
- Basketball - sub 10, boys and girls
- Basketball - sub 14, boys and girls
- Basketball - sub 18, boys and girls
- Volleyball - MS, co-ed
- Flag Football - sub 15 - girls
- Soccer, sub 12, boys and girls
- Soccer, sub 15, boys
- Soccer - sub 18/15 girls
- Swimming - Cadet, ES, boys and girls
- Swimming - Juniors, MS, boys and girls
- Swimming - Sr. Juniors, HS, boys and girls
- Cross Country / Track & Field - MS / HS, boys and girls
You may want to know
- Once an athlete is registered in a sport they will have after school transportation service.
- In case it is raining practices will continue as regular. We may not know when it will stop raining but we will have a plan for the players. They should not return home unless it’s a school decision. Practices and competitions outdoors may be delayed or suspended due to adverse weather. The full “Lightning Protocol” can be found on the Athletics section of the ISP website.
- Practices on Wednesdays are from 12:45 p.m.—2:45 p.m. After School buses will leave at 3:00 p.m. They may purchase lunch at the Cafeteria.
- Competitions in Panama City typically take place in the afternoons between 3:00 p.m. and 10:00 p.m., or on weekends. Some tournaments/meets involve full weekend participation: travel tournaments/meets may involve full weekends and multiple days of missed school.
- In away games, we coordinate a bus that will take players to the game site with a bus monitora, and then after games buses will take players home.
- Many private leagues in Panama City involve a cost to student athletes to register and receive a uniform cost. Most private leagues also charge an entry fee for parent and spectators to attend games and this can include games on Campus at ISP.