Our mission is to ensure that all students reach their full potential and are successful in the classroom. Our English Additional Language program helps students develop English language skills enabling them to become successful learners and positive contributors to the wider community in which they live. Our Learning Support program offers individualized support to students with specific learning needs. Our Gifted and Talented program offers enrichment to advanced learners allowing for students to deepen their foundational skills, move at a faster pace, or enhance their learning and understandings. These programs are designed to support students such that they fully integrate into our community.
ISP is a leading international school, inspiring our students to be conscientious inquirers and empowering them with the skills, courage, optimism, and integrity to pursue their dreams and make a positive contribution as global citizens. We are committed to educating and inspiring our students to reach their full potential and contribute to the world by providing an exemplary English language education enriched by our multicultural and diverse community.
With this vision and mission in mind, ISP has created the Department of Student Services as a school-wide entity to support struggling and advanced learners. This department provides the following services:
- English as an Additional Language Services
- Learning Support Services
- Advanced Pathways Program
The Department of Student Services offers teachers who are specialists in empowering learners to acquire the skills and knowledge needed to access the regular curriculum. These teachers:
- Communicate with parents, teachers, students and other individuals involved in the student's learning.
- Identify differentiation and scaffolding strategies that address learning needs.
- Use assessment and performance data to inform instruction.
- Develop individualized learning plans for students' specific learning needs.
- Provide a safe and comfortable environment for all students.
- Apply for accommodations with standardized assessment entities.
These actions are used in an inclusive model that works to ensure all students have access to the regular curriculum. Support services may include:
- In class support.
- Small group or individual instruction outside of the regular class.
- Monitoring academic, behavioral or language acquisition progress.
- Consulting with classroom teachers for accommodations or modifications that support student needs.