Middle and High School Library
Middle and High School Library Media Center
Librarian: Réna Barlow
(complete resources and login info here):
Strong school libraries build strong students! The MS/HS Library at ISP supports grades 6 through 12 in academic achievement, academic integrity, acquisition of 21st-Century information literacy and digital citizenship skills, and reading.
Our library is a hub of discovery, inquiry, and innovation for the ISP community. With 24/7 access to a first-class collection of subscription research databases, eBooks, audiobooks, and digital publications, as well as a large and vibrant print collection, there is something for all members of our ISP learning community.
- Mon., Tues., Thurs., Fri. - 7:15 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
- Wed. - 7:15 a.m. - Noon
Check Out Policy
- Books, DVDs, eBooks, and audiobooks - Up to five (5) resources may be checked out for 14 days with an option to renew.
- Equipment - One (1) item may be checked out for the duration of the school day only.
- Book Club: This student run High School club selects short novels, poetry or essay collections, for a more analytical approach to literature love. The club meets one to two times per month via Google Meet or in the library during lunch block. Contact your librarian to learn how to join or set up a new club in the Middle or High School.
- Author Visit(s): Each year the Middle School Leadership Committee invites an author to inspire writers and readers across campus through in-person or virtual talks, workshops, and more.
- First Chapter Read Aloud: Join the librarian every Wednesday at 12:45 on the library Instagram channel, @ispmshslibrary. Ms. Barlow will read out loud from an exciting selection of titles available in the on or offline library. Currently virtual only, this program will extend to students and staff read out louds when campus is reopened.
- 10 Book Challenge: Calling all readers - can you read 10 books in one school semester? In collaboration with the Middle School English Department, the library offers a fresh collection of eBooks, audiobooks, and print books to keep readers exploring their love of reading. 10 books not enough? Set your own goal and track your progress in Goodreads, a google doc, a digital journal, or wherever you like.
- Virtual Citations workshop: Ms. Barlow walks students through the basics of MLA citations and provides tools for students to work with in this asynchronous workshop. On campus, students can access the printed MLA 8 reference guide.