Our students are empowered to explore the skills, mindsets, and character traits that will allow them to develop their full potential as learners and leaders in the 21st century.
Our Middle School is an inclusive, engaging, and supportive environment for students to learn and grow at their own pace.
Through our commitment to blended learning and planning with the end in mind, we provide an experience committed to the academic, social, and emotional development of each and every student. Students are empowered to explore the skills, mindsets, and character traits that will allow them to develop their potential as learners and leaders in the 21st century.
Kyle Martin, Middle School Principal
Community Building and Character Development
When a student joins the Middle School at ISP, they are joining a strong community who values the growth and development of the whole person. We appreciate the uniqueness of every person who walks onto our campus, and value all that they bring to our community.
A primary focus of Middle School is to provide experience and opportunities for students to try new things to help them identify their passions and interests. From the athletic fields to the STEM lab, performing arts center to overnight field trips, we believe that adolescence is about finding their passions.
Sparking Curiosity and Providing Space for Exploration
We know that by ensuring our curriculum is relevant and connected to the real-world, we provide an environment in which students have a space to ask questions and seek answers to those questions. We know that the subjects do not stand in isolation in the real world, so we provide our students with cross-curricular experiences and engagement.
Technology and STEM Integration
In the Middle School, we believe that technology is essential to a high-quality education, but that it serves a specific purpose and role. Through our 1:1 laptop program, our students learn how to safely and effectively use technology to enhance their learning on a daily basis. From lessons on digital citizenship to google classroom, coding to 3D printers, our students leave ISP prepared for the future.
- We are a welcoming, inclusive, and diverse community.
- Teachers are responsive and flexible to meet different styles of learning.
- We prepare students to be successful for multiple pathways in high school, including the International Baccalaureate (IB), MEDUCA, Cognia Diplomas.
- We provide many fun extracurricular activities - from athletics to the arts; MUN to sustainability and beyond!
- We prioritize community and the size of our Middle School supports it!
- We use technology to enhance learning.
- We are lifelong readers.
- Our staff bring a wide variety of backgrounds, experiences, and expertise which enrich our community.
- Our curriculum provides many opportunities for exploration and curiosity.
- We meet students where they are. Students are free to grow at their own pace and in own space.